Monday, October 20, 2014

Scriptures Weekly 67 - Earthly Birthday, Heavenly Birthday

Thank you ALL for your visits and sharing of SCRIPTURES WEELKLY with your friends and acquaintances. If you are curious, God is blessing this space by averaging 500 visits a month! We are encouraged God is being glorified and using this little bit of online space to help people learn about, find and obey Him. We also hope Christians are able to benefit from the lessons we present for your edification and the building up of your faith too.

There is a 60th earthly birthday to celebrate today by yours truly for which I am truly blessed that causes me to reflect on my life and walk with the Lord. It has had its ups and downs, but mostly ups because He is really good to me even in my times of trouble and weak faith. I am most thankful for my beautiful earthly family and my heavenly family, the church. He gave me these incredible blessings of which is dearest in my heart alongside Christ Jesus that made this happen after I was reborn on December 2, 1985, my eternal birthday.

He continues to restore me and I hope you too without fail when we listen to and obey Him through His Word - the wonderful Word. He is so loving when I just humble myself allowing God to show me His blessings in my life, that it brings me back to the center of my walk with Him every time. And its all free for consumption from a never ending plate of righteousness from above! I hope you can and are experiencing a walk in Christ that gives you the assurance and thankfulness that I enjoy. So after saying all this, being "born again" through baptism into Jesus Christ 29 years ago, leads me to our scriptures this week. May you be blessed...


John 3:3,
Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

1 Peter 1:22-23,
"Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart, having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever"

My question to you this week as was presented to me 29 years ago is - Have you been "born again" into Christ yet by obeying the Gospel?

And to the Christian, are you honorably wearing the name "Christian," living the life of a disciple of Christ relying on His blood to continually cleanse and keep you one with Him? 

Consider this lesson on how the blood of Christ will cleanse those who are searching for a life with Christ, and His disciples as they, walk in the Light.




No comments:

Baptism in water isn’t a work of man.

OK, IT’S SETTLED, BAPTISM FOR THE CLEANSING OF SINS IS NOT A WORK OF MAN. IT'S THE WORK OF GOD! YOU’RE NOT DOING IT; IT’S DONE TO YOU. K...

Popular Posts