Tuesday, November 22, 2016

What Does The Cross Really Mean?

It's Thanksgiving time again in America. The country and its people have a lot to be thankful for. But are we and the rest of mankind truly thankful about what one certain man did for all of us 2000 years ago?

In reminding the Corinthian Christians of the gospel, Paul gives us a list of things of first importance. 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.

"For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,"

The cross is not about a person at work who derides me of my faith and wants to be agnostic.

It's not about shoring up the foundations of my faith so I can challenge those about my Christianity.

The cross is not a challenge to them out there, the cross is a challenge to me.

I am the one confronted by the one who died there. I must make a decision about the one who died there, I must look at the cross because it effects me.

The cross is not about mastering a set of facts, or knowing information about how many manuscripts of where the bible comes from or when it was translated from the Hebrew, or knowing all kinds of proofs that evolution is wrong.

The cross is about my relationship with the one who died on it. The cross is about what that one taught and what he said and what he did and how he calls on me to respond to his cross.

The cross stands at the absolute center of Christianity to be a follower of the one who died upon it. That is what the cross is about.

Are you thankful and Do you want to become a Saint? Then what will you do with the Cross?


Baptism in water isn’t a work of man.

OK, IT’S SETTLED, BAPTISM FOR THE CLEANSING OF SINS IS NOT A WORK OF MAN. IT'S THE WORK OF GOD! YOU’RE NOT DOING IT; IT’S DONE TO YOU. K...

Popular Posts