Monday, August 11, 2014

Scriptures Weekly 57 - Power, Love and Discipline

2 Timothy 1:7,

"For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline."

Sometimes, it can be very hard, or scary, to be a disciple of Jesus Christ. It's not always what is most popular to do, and sometimes it really takes humility to stand up for what you believe. But in this verse, Apostle Paul is telling us that God has not made us to be afraid, He has made us to have power, love, and discipline in Him!

I know whenever I hear this verse I am comforted, because there are life situations where I just wouldn't be able to stand true on my own. But with Christ's resurrection power within us, a power that conquered and triumphed over death itself, there is truly nothing to be afraid of. This week, if you are a baptized Christian, I challenge you to not be afraid as challenges come your way.

Hope you have a wonderful week! God bless.


No comments:

Baptism in water isn’t a work of man.

OK, IT’S SETTLED, BAPTISM FOR THE CLEANSING OF SINS IS NOT A WORK OF MAN. IT'S THE WORK OF GOD! YOU’RE NOT DOING IT; IT’S DONE TO YOU. K...

Popular Posts